Now that the date is set, we want to make sure you know where to find trusted details, correct token addresses and that you understand how to purchase BNT using Bitcoin Suisse, Myetherwallet, Mist, Parity, imToken and Metamask.
You should only seek information in Bancor official communication channels in order to ensure you have the correct and most up to date information.
- The official Bancor Network Website — all information is available on our site at https://bancor.network and is constantly updated here.
- The official Bancor Network Blog — published on Medium, highlighting all relevant details and additional context, at https://blog.bancor.network
The BNT allocation terms are already available on the Bancor Network website. The Bancor token address will be posted on there 2 days prior to June 12th.
Official ETH Wallet Address
Send ETH to this address only:
- DO NOT send funds from exchanges like Coinbase.
- DO NOT send your funds before the fundraiser has begun.
- Cap will be revealed when 80% of the cap is reached.
- Set the Gas Limit to 200,000.
- BNT Token will be sent immediately to the wallet from which the ETH arrived.
- By participating in this fundraiser I agree to the terms and conditions and confirm that I am not a citizen of the USA.
For more information please check the Bancor site
Trusted Purchasing Partners
- Do NOT send ETH before the fundraiser start date and time.
- Do NOT use exchange services to attempt to purchase BNT.
- ONLY use the partners mentioned below.
Gas Rules for Advanced Users
We at Bancor, decided to set a limit of 50 gwei in order to makes it more difficult for those trying to cut in line to get any advantage. Actually, if you send a transaction with higher gas price, it will be rejected by our system.
For more information, read our mini post on the Gas Rules.
MyEtherWallet is a popular and, in our experience, reliable service that can be used to send ETH to our fundraiser. In order to use it correctly, please follow these steps:
2. Select the tab “Send Ether & Tokens”
3. Select the option “Keystore File (UTC / JSON)”, select your wallet file, enter your password and login to your account
4. Now, make sure you copy the address directly from the Bancor official site only
5. Select the amount of ETH you’d like to send and click “Generate Transaction”
- Note that when contributing through MyEtherWallet, the gas limit will be set automatically.
Once you complete this process successfully, the contribution will be sent to our contract and you will see a proof of the transaction in the “Transaction History”.
If you do not have an account with MyEtherWallet and you’d like to get one, please read this article by CryptoCompare.
If you are already familiar with Mist, here are the steps to follow in order to successfully participate and contribute to our token allocation event.
- Open your Mist app
- Go to the “Send” tab in the options
- Now, make sure you copy the address from the Bancor official site only and paste it in the “To:” section
- Enter the amount of ETH you’d like to send
- The fee should be set to the faster end of the bar (can be in the middle but try to avoid the “cheaper” option as you might be too slow to purchase within the window of time or cap)
6. Click “Send”
7. You will see a summary of the the transaction — note, the contribution has not yet been sent!
8. Enter your password again and click “Send Transaction”
Now your contribution has been sent and will be added to the Transaction History in the wallet (to view this go to Wallet Overview -> Latest Transactions)
If you wish to use Mist yet don’t have it installed yet, please follow the steps outlined in this post on how to setup and create a Mist account.
Parity is a secure browser based wallet that enables you to schedule future purchases, which is always useful if you want to be first in line.
For those of you that would like to participate in the Bancor token allocation event using Parity, follow these steps:
- Open your Parity app
- Open the “Accounts” tab and select the account you would like to transfer funds from
- Click “Transfer”
- Now, make sure you copy the address from the Bancor official site only and paste it in the “recipient address” field
- Select the ETH amount
- Check the “advanced sending options” box
- Click “Next”
- Enter 200000 in the “gas” field
- Click “Send”
- You will need to confirm by entering your password
That is pretty much all you’ll need to do.
Want to use Parity for the Bancor token allocation event but don’t have it installed? Not a problem, just visit this page to download and install it on your computer.
If you tend to do everything on your mobile phone, you can consider downloading imToken (available on iTunes and GooglePlay) and using their app to contribute to the Bancor token allocation event.
Follow these steps:
- Open the imToken app on your mobile device
- Click on the “Discover” option in the bottom menu
- Click on the “ICO” option
- Find the “Bancor” icon and click on it
- At the bottom of the screen you will have the option to enter an amount (it currently says “Wait to Open”)
- Click “Join Now”
- You will be prompted to enter your password
- Click “Confirm”
MetaMask is a simple and intuitive add-on that enables you to send tokens easily and securely.
- Click on the add-on icon in your browser
- Click “Buy”
- Now, make sure you copy the address from the Bancor official site only and paste it in the “Recipient Address” field
- Enter the amount of ETH you want to send
- Click “Send” and you are done
Like the MetaMask add-on but not sure how to get started? Follow this easy how to get started with MetaMask guide.
Good luck to the entire Bancor network! To liquidity and beyond…
The Bancor Team